Click edit button to change this text.
Largely due to its simple design, there are many reasons why split system installation is an efficient heating and cooling choice. Some advantages include:
- Quick and easy to operate. Split systems heat or cool spaces very quickly and are easy to control via a remote control.
- Deliver warm or cool air only in the spaces where it’s needed and when it’s needed. No need to waste money heating unused spaces.
- Cost-effective to install. Indoor and outdoor units are connected by a couple of small pipes and electrical cables, so very little modification to your home is required to install fittings. No ductwork means less labour costs, quicker and more affordable installation.
- Because they are powered by electricity, split systems can be subsidised by solar power, making them a cost-effective solution for homes powered with the help of solar panels.
- Low maintenance costs. The indoor components of split system air conditioners contain filters which can easily be removed and cleaned by the owner – no call-outs are necessary to clean the indoor component.
- Most split systems have heating and cooling capabilities as standard, so you can use one system year-round.
- Air purification. Many models will purify the air, so that dust and allergens are not circulated through the building.